Week 4: Part 2_ Websites I Frequent

MiraCosta College: www.miracosta.edu

I frequently use MiraCosta College’s website. I keep going back to the site because I work part-time as a Campus Aide and I am also taking another class in addition to CSIT155. I think that MCC does a good job at being consistent with the color scheme. The bold primary colors like blues and yellows in addition to secondary colors like green keep with the logo of the institution and keep an inviting and fresh appearance for visitors. Another good aspect of the design is consistency with each subpage, whether that’s for accessing Online Education or any Student Services page. I think that the pages with lots of content could do better with different header fonts so that students, teachers, and parents can absorb the excess of information.

Twitter: www.twitter.com

I often use Twitter, even on the desktop version, for my personal account and the two part-time social media positions I work in. Twitter is a good site online because it lays out the content of the feed as well as what is trending. Sometimes on the app it gets to be too congested. In the top center of the page, the Twitter bird logo is there and on the left side is what your profile looks like to other people. Below that is the trending stories and hashtags. When you scroll beyond the trending stories and any advertisements that are on the right hand side of the page, then your feed stays in the center. One feature that I would like Twitter to have is a way to jump back to the top of the page after scrolling.

Comments

Popular Posts